Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

In the "it doesn't really make a difference...but it does" category


1970s-era Allied Artists logo preserved on Three the Hard Way DVD



The Warner Communications logo used from the early '70s to early '80s preserved on the DVD of Black Belt Jones

I'm sure I'm not the only one who noticed or cared, but it sure was refreshing to see Warner Home Video keep retain the vintage red Warner Communications logo on the new release of Black Belt Jones and the Allied Artists logo on Three the Hard Way, both of which are part of the budget-priced "Urban Action Collection," which also includes Hot Potato and Black Samson. For reasons, I guess, having to do with the fact that they've changed hands several times over the years, studios like Warner Bros. and United Artists have systematically replaced the '70s-era logos on most television and home video transfers with current logos.


United Artists logo from the period it was owned by Transamerica Corporation (1967-1981) preserved on the DVD of Jeremy

So, I was doubly surprised when I watched my new DVD of Jeremy, issued by MGM in 2005, and saw the vintage Transamerica-era United Artists logo at the front of the film. Out of hundreds of WHV and MGM DVDs in my collection these are the only two that I can recall that retain these specific logos. I couldn't say exactly why, but these types of details, inconsequential to most, are crucial, in my eyes, to re-creating the original theatrical experience at home.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar