Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Review: Kate Somerville Serum Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50+


It was love at first use when I tried this for the first time in New York this summer. The weather was really hot and the wind was even warmer and I felt like I had too many layers on my skin. I was sick of applying so many things in the morning, but knew skipping sunscreen wasn't an option. So, I decided to go for a primer and sunscreen in one product. I considered the Chantecaille version, but ended up deciding on the Kate Somerville, partly because I can get Chantecaille in Europe at a later date, but not Kate Somerville.


The consistency is extremely lightweight. It's a bit runny, but not so that you need to hurry up application before it slips through your fingers. It doesn't smell of anything, as far as I can tell. It's white in colour and spreads effortlessly across the skin. You barely need to work it in, it's hard to overdo and it doesn't leave any kind of white cast or residue. In fact, almost instantly after applying you can't tell you've applied it at all!


I didn't get sunburned and I barely tanned for the whole two + weeks, and that's really impressive! The health of my skin also visible improved quickly since starting to use this. It didn't block pores or leave me feeling like my skin is a bit congested like so many other sunscreens do, but it's also so light I felt like my skin could "breathe" and that's really important, especially in hot weather if for nothing else but to feel a bit more comfortable.


The second picture was taken right after applying the product on my hand, you can see how it's pretty much undetectable instantly after application!

As a primer it also works really well. I only used this under my Armani Lasting Silk UV Foundation and the two worked together absolutely beautifully! I don't think I've ever been more pleased with a base than when using these two. The combination paired with a good few sprays of the fabulous Urban Decay De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray throughout the day kept my makeup on from morning until late afternoon. I can't usually manage that in regular fall weather, I never even thought that would be possible in 30/90 something heat.

I played with the thought of getting a backup, but the expiration date is 12 months and I have so many other primers I need to use, as well as the Shu Uemura UV Under Base Mousse so I decided against it. Had I not already had too much back home I would've definitely gotten another one before leaving. I'll just cross my fingers and hope Kate Somerville decides to let one of the european online retailers stock her products. CultBeauty or Feelunique perhaps? Wink, wink?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar