Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Life thus far

Only when I am at home, not Seremban home, do I have time to sit back and chill and think of what happened in the last 3 weeks.

When you are a medical student, sometimes, expectations about being one is terribly high. You get all your relatives and friends saying you are a smart ass or basically a nerd. Then when you are in only week 1, some relative will come and ask you the funniest disease they have ever heard like Alport's Syndrome or some funky medical term every now and then and expect you to know. What is even worse is, they expect you to be able to make a diagnosis out of a simple cough with no other information provided. And everytime when I answer I don't know, don't ask me, everyone gives me a characteristic stare as if I am not helpful at all. How unfair! We are supposed to know everything in the world although we are in year 1.

Now that I'm in year 3, there is another shock to come. For the past 2 years, all that we have learnt about performing physical examination is all learnt on male simulated patients who are perfectly healthy. Just on day 1 in clinical school, I get assigned to a female ward and the only advice I have about examining them is get a chaperone and a couple of very 'helpful' pointers in dealing with the breasts. So, basically what I did in the last 2 weeks was to grope around until I felt pretty comfortable dealing around the breasts. And the breasts have to be sagging, coupled with surrounding fats around it which makes life even more difficult. Yes, so far all the breasts I have seen are sagging ones because the owners of the non sagging ones are still pretty reluctant to let a young student like me manoeuvre around them. LOL

And of course, the tonnes of information that we need to digest daily. The amount of books we need to carry daily to cope with the barrage of information is also daunting. 1 single handbook on clinical medicine is just not enough. Sometimes, I wish I have a PDA. Now who would want to sponsor me to buy a PDA phone? Or perhaps a camera phone so that I can take picture of interesting things to put in my blog? ^^

Somebody once told me to earn money through blogging and the ads, so please bring the ads on! I need tonnes of advertisements on my blog if I ever want to achieve a meagre sum of money. And to start to attract advertisers, I need to blog actively, and lively. But without nice pictures, how lively can it be? I shall resort to using more wit I guess. *prays hard that advertisers will soon come* Why so? Because a Nokia 6300 now looks very juicy!

Or maybe I should start saving myself, but that would be very slow. Hrmm, what if I save RM1 for every single hit from today onwards? Maybe I will be able to save more and finally get a camera. Good idea, no?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar