Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

RAISED BEDS, MULCH AND THE BATTLE OF WEEDS




Oh, so it's going to be like this huh? Little weeds popping up here and there?  Well I can take care of that!




BOOM!  Gone!  Just like that!  That'll teach you!




Whoa, wait, where did YOU both come from?



Sigh, it's going to be a never-ending battle of weeds in the mulch but at least, at this point anyway, it's going to be easy to pull them up...?




Whoa, not so fast.  A few weeks after those first photos, weeds and grass are sprouting up everywhere.



They are coming up almost faster than I can keep up.  Oh wait, did I say "almost" faster?  They are coming up faster than I can keep up.  Sigh.
Weeds in a raised bed
We have always said our blog wouldn't shy away from the missteps either, and here is one of those.

Yeah, it was easy in the beginning but not so much now.  This is one of three raised beds (empty beds, no veggies) that have gotten totally out of control.  Imagine this times three.  Notice there is even some weed block cloth (albeit not enough) on the surface already.  On a daily basis, I'm sure I could keep them at bay, but on a weekend basis, it's just as I said, a never ending battle to keep them out.  We want to stay organic so I don't want to use Round Up, but I'm afraid we might not have any choice.  I've tried vinegar but it's not working.

I'm going to use the bricks I recently gathered up that were scattered around the property and put a covering of some sort on there and see what I can do to eradicate the jungle that is rapidly taking over the beds.  It's my fault for not covering them to begin with but now I have to figure out a solution that will work.  I'm gathering up newspapers from people at work to put down, any suggestions on how to smother the weeds out easily?  


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar