Life is like a fast flowing river and I find it difficult to stop and think just now. I haven't taken many photos, on the few occasions that I wanted to take a picture I didn't have my camera. The photos I am sharing today are really Annie's. They show details of her diorama. She had to choose a book that inspired her and create a 3D model of a typical scene in the book. Annie chose "Wonder" by R. J. Palacio. I don't know how many times she has read the book now. She talks about it a lot. If you look closely, the second photo from the top shows August. She wasn't too sure how to illustrate his facial disfigurement and decided to symbolise it by sticking a piece of paper over his face. Isn't her class room amazing? There are so many details that I continue to discover them every time I look. Annie spent hours and hours working on it. I once discovered her glueing after 11pm. She takes such projects very seriously. I am amazed what children get asked to do at school! As if the academic load wasn't bad enough already, they bring one project after the other home. We are running short of shoeboxes and other re-usable material and the glue gun seems to be constantly on. My patience is wearing thin, I really can't be bothered to support the creation of yet another cereal box robot or another under the sea scene in a shoe box. I am also tired of researching knights and castles, Romans, the Titanic and space. I don't want to do 19 different engaging spelling activities with my child, or do mental maths in the car. I just want to enjoy the little time we have after school, have a chat, go for a walk, play a game, snuggle up on the sofa and watch re-runs of Scooby Do, or prepare food together. Last Wednesday we had enough (ok, I had enough), we stopped doing homework for the rest of the week. I wrote a note for the teachers and that was that. I feel much better now. I think I needed to get this off my chest.
Do your children get ridiculous amounts of homework? Do you always do it?
Can you believe it is nearly December? When did that happen? I must have been living in a parallel universe, where November is shorter than here... Have a lovely week! Cx
P.S. A big thank you to The Foggy Knitter over at Notes From the Slow Lane for linking to my kite paper star post into a Ravelry discussion. I wondered why there were so many visitors checking-in via Ravelry.
P.S. A big thank you to The Foggy Knitter over at Notes From the Slow Lane for linking to my kite paper star post into a Ravelry discussion. I wondered why there were so many visitors checking-in via Ravelry.
0 Yorumlar