Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Showering the Plot

I have discovered two ironic things while writing my latest book. First, the ideas flow FAR more freely during summer, when I am not distracted by my job--and perhaps because I am more relaxed. During the school year I tend to stress out over my writing: I try to FORCE the ideas out, which makes them recede. Now they are tumbling out almost more quickly than I can record them.

The second thing I've noticed is the importance of the morning shower to the fiction process. This morning I got up early and did some writing. Then, feeling groggy, I dragged myself into the shower, during the process of which two crucial ideas occurred to me--problems in my plot that made me ask "Why didn't I see that before?"

Those WDISTB questions (as I just started calling them) tend to emerge in the shower. Why? Does the water on my skull actually dislodge thought particles from my brain?

I'd love to know if anyone else has ah-hah moments while having the morning (or evening) bath.

(Photo link here)

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar