Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Mother and Child Reunion

I wanted to be fully prepared for seeing Under the Same Moon (La Misma Luna), so I called up Brent and asked him if he wanted accompany me. "I need to go with a Hispanic," I told him—because sometimes you just do. (I mean, haven't you ever been at a fancy Thai restaurant and thought to yourself, "Man, this meal would be far better and more authentic if my token Thai friend were here with me!")

If you can accept the fact that the movie's narrative is told in big, melodramatic, telenovela-sized brushstrokes, then you will certainly give into this story of a Mexican boy who crosses the border into America to find his mother. It's a road movie that wears its heart on its sleeve (thanks mostly to perhaps the most adorable child actor ever), and you would have to have a heart of stone not to get choked up multiple times during the course of the film, which culminates in an sly and unexpected ending.

Sound like something you would enjoy? Well, grab a Mexican friend and go!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar