Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

'The Hobbit' inspired nails

AKA. The best nail design I've EVER done! 
So as you all know I am a HUGE fan of 'The Hobbit' movies, much more so than I am of the 'Lord of the Rings' series. However, I've never read the book, and won't do so until the last film has been released and I have seen it. Simply because I really do LOVE the movies and don't want to ruin them for myself. 
So, ramble finished, lets get down to les fingers!
1st Coat - Jessica - Pumpkin Patch
2nd Coat - Collection - Sphinx
3rd Coat - OPI - Goldeneye 
Black script - Black acrylic paint
Top Coat - Seche Vite

So...Isn't it freakin' FABULOUS!??!?! I LOVE IT! (I'm feeling particularly chuffed because my left hand looks pretty much the same, except the rest of the saying obviously.)
The whole thing reads along the lines of 

'One ring to rule them all, 
One ring to find them, 
One ring to bring them all, 
And in the darkness bind them' 

Didn't even have to copy and paste that... This hand is along the first two lines. 

Now, on to how I did it. 
I layered up on my polishes to achieve the burnished gold colour, rather than the bright yellow gold that Goldeneye usually achieves. 
I layered Jessica's Pumpkin Patch (an orangey bronze), under Collection's Sphinx (a light gold), with OPI's Goldeneye on top. 
I then drew on the Tengwar script with a couple of cocktail sticks and some black acrylic paint, and finished with a THICK layer of top coat. 

I'm so glad that this is my first post for 2014, and am starting the year on a crazy note. I'm loving all 'The Hobbit' and 'The Lord of the Rings' madness, I'm even starting to add a few inspired pieces into my wardrobe. 
Ramble over. 

I hope you guys will try this out if you are a fan too, and link your blog below! It's WAY easier than it seems (TRUST ME!)
 I will be doing a nail challenge this year, but I'll be doing it my own way. If you are interested in joining me (I'll be making my own) just let me know below in the comments! 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar